Gov. Herbert signs Patrice's Clean Air Bills
Patrice with the winners from her Students Who Care About Air Contest
Patrice speaks at the Clean Air Rally at the Capitol
Patrice's volunteers at the East Mill Creek Lion's Club's July 4th Breakfast
Patrice debating bills on the House floor
Patrice at Millcreek Venture Out/Movie Night
Romper Room (Patrice on far left)
Patrice has been a Red Sox fan for 35 years!
The 2016 Legislative Session ended on March 10, but our work did not end. Legislative Management Interim and Task Force meetings run from April through the end of the year. The Governor has also called the Legislature into two “Special Sessions.” The Clean Air Caucus also holds informal meetings on the Tuesday nights before our monthly Interim meetings.
Please contact me if you have any suggestions for how to improve our state government. I always appreciate your ideas. Unless I am out-of-town, you can generally find me at the Capitol most days of the week, but please schedule a meeting in advance.
While we are not in our General Session, some of the committees I serve on include:
- Business, Economic Development, and Labor Appropriations Subcommittee
- Economic Development and Workforce Services Interim Committee
- Executive Appropriations Committee
- Government Operations Interim Committee
- House Ethics Committee (Vice Chair)
- Legislative Information Technology Steering Committee
- Legislative Management Committee
- Legislative Process Committee
- Rural Development Legislative Liaison Committee
- Utah International Relations and Trade Commission
In addition, I serve in Leadership as the House Democratic Caucus Manager and as the Co-Chair of the bipartisan Clean Air Caucus, which I founded. I am also the current Co-President of the National Association of Jewish Legislators.
On March 14th I filed for re-election. I hope to have the privilege of continuing to serve the people of House District 36. Please contact me if you would like to be involved in my campaign. I need your help to continue working on the issues that are important to us.
Representative Patrice Arent
Utah House of Representatives
House Democratic Caucus Manager
House Ethics Committee Vice Chair
Clean Air Caucus Co-Chair and Founder